Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wingnuts Out in Full Force

Just when you thought wingnuts couldn't get any lower, today Lisa Schiffren at the bastion of wingnutery, The Corner, attacked Obama over bringing in his personal chef. Apparently Ms. Schiffren believes Michelle Obama should cook the family meals. My favorite section of the entry:
Who knew? I believed all that stuff about how Michelle was an overburdened modern working mother, rushing from school dropoff to her high-paying, demanding work at the hospital, to dress fittings, to whatever it was she needed to do to support her husband's political aspirations, back home to take care of her daughters. Call me naive, but that model usually includes making dinner. And squeezing in a weekly grocery shopping trip. Especially for those fresh, whole foods that don't keep so long. Now I have to wonder who did the laundry, and the vaccuuming. Sure, granny helped—but I doubt she was the maid. Who was?
The entry brings me back to the Clinton era, when the wingnutry was out in full force. We knew it was coming, but a week in seems a little early.

No comments:

Post a Comment