Friday, January 2, 2009

At Least Someone Wants the Job

Two articles, historically, well, depends what you consider historically, badly managed programs. Cal hasn't been to the Rose Bowl in 50 years. The 49ers haven't won the Super Bowl since '94 or made the playoffs since 2002.

Jeff Tedford has turned it around at Cal, winning 5 of 6 bowl games and the highest winning percentage ever, all the while playing in ans recruiting for horrible facilities. When I hear he wants to stick around, I say, "hallelujah!" I hope he does stick around to 2015.

And now Mike Singletary, who dramatically turned this dreadful season around, wants complete control of the 49ers. Again, I say, "hallelujah!" Give it to the man. The 49ers were turning into the dreadful Oakland Raiders before he took over.

With the track records of these teams/programs, I just hope they don't screw it up.
----------------
Now playing: Palace Brothers - Come a Little Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment