Sunday, December 28, 2008

Tubbs Jones: A friend Till the End

Stephanie Tubbs Jones first came into my periphery during her hilarious appearance on the Colbert Report back in 2005. But it was her fierce defense of Hilary Clinton during the long primary season that I begrudgingly grew to respect her. I can't pretend that she didn't drive me up wall, but privately I just wished Obama had his own Tubbs Jones to defend him.

Obama never had surrogates at well-honed as Clinton did. This was the dreaded "Clinton Machine" most people feared. The NY Times has a great obituary in this weeks magazine. Her death prior the DNC convention was a shock. I'd been looking forward to her steadfast support of Obama in the coming months. It's a shame America didn't get to see her work her magic.
----------------
Now playing: Broken Social Scene - Stomach Song

No comments:

Post a Comment