Friday, December 19, 2008

A Snow Storm Triggered by One Man

I can't believe I almost forgot to mention the passing of W. Mark "Deep Throat" Felt. He more than almost any one person is responsible for my interest in journalism and politics. Late one night in eighth grade I watched All the President's Men. From that day forward, I was a news junkie, sneaking my father's Newseek before he had an opportunity to read it. I was following the Bosnian War as it was unfolding before any of my peers had heard of it.

Geeky, yes, but impossible without the impact of "Deep Throat." Had he not worked to undermine the Nixon administration, my interest in politics and journalism may have never blossomed, and if it had it would have developed much differently.

R.I.P W. Mark Felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment