Friday, June 5, 2009

Favorable Obama Coverage


It's impossible not to notice that NBC is the White House's favorite network. As a supporter of Obama, I can't say I'm terribly bothered. For all of the hate spewed on Fox it's nice to see the White House have a favorable balance. I'd prefer it was MSNBC, but when they have Liz Cheney on around the clock, NBC may end of being the liberal sister to MSNBC.

CNN's John King is not a fan of the Obama Conan O'Brien plug:
King: It's my school of journalism, it may not be everyone else's school of journalism, but it's my school of journalism is that I interview all these guys with respect. I respect the office, I respect the people, I respect anybody that puts themselves out there like that. But, I, you know, I need to protect myself and my integrity and my credibility, and the President of the United States, you know, God bless him, God bless the one before him, and God bless the next 200 to come. I'm not going to ask them for an endorsement or a product endorsement. I think that's way over the line.
I agree with King. It was tacky. Cute, but tacky. The Daily Show mocked NBC's "Real World" coverage of Obama:
The Daily Show With Jon StewartM - Th 11p / 10c
The Real World D.C.
thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorEconomic Crisis

h/t Michael Calderone

1 comment:

  1. O'bomba is evil.
    If you dont know
    that by now, you'll
    find-out at your
    Divine Judgement.
    GBY

    ReplyDelete